Old 09-28-08, 07:02 AM
Fern53

Bikes: 1990 Univega Alpina, 2009 Specialized Dolce Elite, 2009 Jamis Coda Sport, 2010 Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lizzylou View Post
I would be worried about the ease of getting on and off the bike. I am 5'6" and I ride a Orbea (54)... according to the Orbea website, the seat tube on my bike is 49cm. So going that I am taller than you and riding a smaller bike, I don't think this would really work for you...
Ditto here for sizing concerns. I recently test-road an Allez that was a 52. It was a decent fit for me, but I'm several inches taller- 5'6". It sound like the bike you are considering may even be a 54...or a 56. You don't want to have that bar in the way when you hop off.

I ended up buying a size 54 in a Specialized Dolce Elite. Brands are sized differently (I also tried a women's 50cm Fuji Finest that was too big)-and you may need a different size in the men's model of a certain brand than you would take in a women's model.

If the bike isn't too far away, the best thing to do is try it out. The seller may have measured it incorrectly, too. It sounds like a nice bike, but don't compromise safety and good fit to get a good deal.