View Single Post
Old 11-30-04, 03:39 PM
sukispop
Errand Boy for my girls

Bikes: Greenspeed GTO 20/20 trike, Rans Fusion(semi-recumbent bike), Burley Django recumbent, Marin Larkspur city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NazcaRider
For commuting and all-around road riding, wouldn't something like a (much taller) Rans Vivo be the ticket? I know they won't be produced in 2005, but David could perhaps get one used for very little cost.
NR
Hi NazcaRider,

The Vivo would be a great candidate, if it wasn't for the fact that David had mentioned that he determined that he wanted a fast swb with uss. But you raised a good point about the concerns of a lowracer's height(or lack of it) in the thick of rush hour car commute traffic. It made me think about another nice 'bent that's no longer being made, that might be an even better "fit" for David's specifications...and, like the Vivo, he might be able to snag one on the secondary markets, like eBay, or one of the many 'bent classifieds. I can't quite remember the exact model name/number of the bike, but it's made by Vision(I know, out of biz)....is it the VR-40? And, if David wants suspension, then is it the VR-45? Help, anyone???

I've never ridden one, but I do remember quite a few very happy owners posting about their Visions, their under-seat steering, and that "magic carpet" ride experience that only uss 'bents can give. I've also heard some great things about the LongBike's Eliminator, and the HP Velo Street Machine, both swb uss...but both also cost more than the $2000 spending "cap" that David's imposed on himself....