View Single Post
Old 10-01-08, 07:52 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rocco's New Toy, a 04' Allez Sport

I usually cruise CL looking for the occaisional good buy on a C&V bike. A week ago, I read this ad "Road Bike $250". I open the ad and there's a pic of a Specialized Allez road bike, 54cm frame size (my size). I send them an e-mail with my phone number. The seller calls me and says there have been a lot of responses, and I have one hour to get there before they sell it to someone else. I figure $250 for a 8 speed SORA equipped, late model bike with carbon fork is a great deal. I drive right over but it's not a SORA equipped bike, it's a 9 speed with Tiagra shifters, a 105 rear derailer and carbon seat post. SWEET! The seller says he road it 5 or 6 times, but road biking was not for him. I cleaned it, flipped the stem and installed clipless. It still needs a little more tune up work, but the first ride was comfortable.

With the addition of lights this will make a great night rider when I get home from work in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Specialized Allez 002.jpg (84.2 KB, 10 views)
Specialized Allez 003.jpg (71.9 KB, 7 views)
Specialized Allez 004.jpg (75.6 KB, 8 views)