Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by sirtigersalot
ti takes some of the harshness out, kinda like riding a steel bike, which is great for a road bike, but for mtn biking the diff is so little when you have a suspension a big ol tires, so yeah the thudbuster is great for being able to go over roots ect without having to stand up, but it doesn't let you do bigger obstacles cause your standin up for the big stuff anyway, FS for that. the thudbuster is also heavier and makes gettin seat hight harder cause of the sag. I'd say get the thudbuster if you really wanna have a more comphy ride when sittin, or just save ur money and go alloy
Well, please excuse me for a moment while I go and throw out my steel hardtail frame with a 26.8 thomson seatpost, and 26x2.2 tires, since I've been using the bike for hard offroad use and doing some harder hits on it. And go throw money into a aluminum full suspension frame, a turdbuster seatpost and 26x2.8 michelin comp 32's.

Truth is, don't make assumptions, Ti and steel definitely have a place with mountain bikes. In fact, I'd sooner have either a ti or steel frame over aluminum and carbon fiber.

I trust my steel hardtail a lot more than I did my 6" aluminum full suspension bike.