Old 12-02-04, 04:24 AM
meb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MelloBoy
not necessarily true.
****logous blood doping can be detected, but that does not eliminate autologous blood doping. i'm not sure of the exact shelf life of blood, but, remove a portion of blood, store it, train with less blood. as time goes on, your blood level will increase gradually. When you inject your own blood again (granted it hasn't expired), you're riding with more blood than you initially had...it's not as effective as ****logous doping, but it still works to an extent.

also, the other thing i'm a bit confused about is EPO. i know EPO that is administered by doctors is recombinant EPO, but if you do high altitude training, the body produces EPO as well...i'm not sure how pronounced or long lasting the effects are, but wouldn't this bypass the recombinant EPO detection? this makes me wonder if EPO testing is more along the lines to promote cyclist safety as some people have died from their blood thickening too much in addition to the performance benefit?
The benefits of altitude training are milder than EPO.
The duration would increase with the magnitude of the benefit since both benefits decay using the same half life curve, Altitude trainings benefits would have a shorter duration since there are not as many rbc's as with EPO.