View Single Post
Old 10-08-08, 10:19 PM
bjtesch

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We remodelled our master bath back in May. It took about 1 month and cost about $9k. I did the demo myself so we didn't have to pay for it- I got a big sledgehammer and a big crowbar- took out the shower, whirlpool tub, cabinets, took the tile off the walls. We hired a one-man contractor and he took off the floor tile, and helped me take off the 4'x7' mirror.
Our contractor plugged and covered up the tile drain, built a new pan and curb for the shower, moved some plumbing slightly, put in new sheetrock, put on the shower tile and floor tile, installed the new toilet, moved some light fixtures and outlets, textured and painted the other walls, built and installed new cabinets. We hired a stone company to build a new grainte countertop- about 2'x7' for just under $1k. We hired a glass company do build and install the frameless shower glass- $2k. We bought the 2 sinks, toilet, wall sconces, and all plumbing fixtures ourselves, and I installed most of it. We bought new cabinet hardware and 2 new mirrors.
Our house has one other full bath and one other half bath so we were not inconvenienced too much during that month.