View Single Post
Old 10-16-08, 08:41 PM
tekknoschtev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Move the brake levers down on the bars an inch, wrap the bars with cloth tape and fit new brake pads and toe clips.
All in good time, some more than others. The current bar tape is decent (I believe its the original, and its still cushy), and the Kronos needs tape before this does but it will get done. Never seen cloth tape before though so I'll have to look into it. The handlebars need some adjustment, especially the brakes, and it definitely needs new pads. I've never tried strap type clips (I had some metal ones which I hated because they were a bugger to get into and if you didn't right away they scraped on the ground until you got enough momentum to think about getting into them), so its something to try too.

I'm thinking about shining the paint up, getting a new saddle and front/rear racks for some serious hauling capability. That's been my only gripe about the kronos - the chain stay is too short for any panniers/baskets I tried, and I loathe long rides on my bomber mountain bike with fenders and all, so this would be perfect!