Old 10-17-08, 06:26 PM
CardiacKid
SNARKY MEMBER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
They could change suppliers at any time and might, I guess, even use something different for one batch depending on cost or availability at any given time. That said, I have two. One was purchased near the end of 2006 and one near the end of 2007. Both seem to have good sturdy zippers. Never had a moments issue with either other than the annoying stiffness when new.
I
Maybe I am just more careful in handling it? I kind of doubt it unless you were pretty clumsy or brutal since I definitely didn't baby it. I was somewhat careful to pull directly in the direction the zipper is supposed to be pulled, but didn't show it any special respect. My first one has 73 consecutive days of constant use while living on the road and a lot of lighter use around town and on day rides.

When was your's purchased? I'd really like to think they haven't changed to an inferior zipper.
I bought mine about six months ago. I am sorry, but this isn't a matter of one of us being right and one of us being wrong. It is just that we have had different experiences. No hard feelings?