View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 12:05 PM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gamecockcountry
I took it back and they fixed it for free. The quick link bent and that is where the chain failed.
Did they explain why it bent? The last time I bent a link in a chain, it was because the derailleurs went out of adjustment. My own fault: I knew they needed to be tweaked, but went on a long ride anyway hammered up a few hills, and bent the link in the process.

FWIW, I always carry the following in a Performance Bike TransIt 110 Wedge seat pack: Park CT-5 mini chain tool, spare chain link, two Pedro's tire levers, pedal wrench (think it's a Park RW1C or RW3C), a spare inner tube, a tube patch kit, and a multi-tool. If you buy a multi-tool that includes a chain tool (e.g. Crank Brothers Multi-17) then that's one less tool to carry. I also have a Topeak Road Morph pump attached to the frame. Seems like a lot of stuff, but it actually doesn't take up that much space and it gives you the ability to fix quite a few problems rather than being stranded or having to cut a ride short.