Old 10-21-08, 12:59 PM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hi David,

A Record headset would more than do! It's the one that was fitted to the Team bikes, not to the Equipe so will be a MUCH higher quality. One thing to watch out for - make sure it is "ENGLISH" threaded, not "Italian", "Swiss" or "French" - otherwise the top bearing cover, spacer & top collar nut will not fit.

Amazingly small world! Is the bike in Sittingbourne? If so, I might be able to pop over some time and offer unwanted advice & assistance! Appreciate that you're in Mexico - look out for a cheap steel Colnago frame while you're out there!

Detling Hill's still a killer on the knees, but at least there's a brilliant smooth descent down to Key Street - Hollingbourne Hill is even more evil, with only flat lanes as a reward! Used to be a lot better on the lanes but now they are full of housewives driving 4X4 poser wagons, talking on the mobile with one hand, setting their Sat-nav with the other and looking round at their kid's in the back - women can multi-task but sometimes forget to drive! Give me the race track A249 any day, at least you can see them coming!

I'd post my e-mail address or phone numbers but don't think that's very wise, but hope u can PM soon.

Best wishes,

Stuart