View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 08:01 PM
mondaycurse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this normal?

In my town, if a car in front of you is turning left (no stop sign/light and no seperate turn lane) and stopped to wait for oncoming traffic, you can simply drive in the parking zone of the road without yielding, provided there are no cars parked in the "passing zone." Everyone does this, including police officers. I almost failed my graduation-required driver's ed test after I waited patiently behind the car and my driver's ed teacher docked me huge points for "disrupting the flow of traffic." I'm not sure if everyone is ignorant of the law, but this seems seriously flawed to me.

On to the bike-related information. Today I was riding around a left-turner when a car behind me honks, as he couldn't pass me. He has to yield to my speed (around 22 at the time), put his cell phone on his lap for a moment, and pass me once he was around the turning car. "You know what you just did was terribly illegal?" I told him that if what I did is so illegal, call the cops! Not sure if he did, but I finished my ride pondering the legality of passing in a clear parking zone on the side of the street. What does the all-knowing A&S board have to say?