Old 10-24-08, 12:46 AM
bokes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Vik I have a good story for you.
So I bought a used NWT and rode it across Sweden. I was very happy with the bike, but I was always having some post-purchase remorse that the Llama would have been better choice since I love riding off road and I like versatility ueber alles.
So I asked BF to swap bikes and they let me since the original was used. Now that's a friendly company. So I got the Llama, road it around for a few days on dirt trails and really liked it. Super fun. However, not long after, I decide to load it with 40lbs of gear and suddenly I didn't like the handling anymore ! It was much more squirrely than the NWT. I tested it out for a few more days and felt double wammy remorse.
I called BF again and asked them for my original bike back. At this point they were pretty fed up with me, thinking I'd never be happy, that I was wasting their time, but implored them and they eventually let me swap bikes again back to a NWT. Now that's stunning customer service!!! I put 40 lbs of gear on the NWT again and I confirmed that I like the handling much better.
Well that was 2 years ago and I've since rode it across the USA. I really like the bike.
A few more things: It can do dirt roads just fine. I run 1.5" width tires (max 1.75" on the NWT) , so the extra clearance of the Llama is not an issue for me.