Old 10-24-08, 02:00 PM
ddmann

Bikes: 2007 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What a coincidence; just bought the same parts! $

The Alez I picked up for a song a few months ago had close to 5500 miles put on by the previous owner. He told me that next year I should consider installing a new BB for it. Well, I am a bit of a nut when it comes to owning anything completely stock. The need to modify or upgrade is nearly compulsive for me.

I decided I would upgrade to an Ultegra CS when I replaced the BB. That decision made I began to monitor Ebail pretty closely for a deal. Although $149 is a good deal; the lack of a guaranty kind of bothered me. I am also cash strapped so I passed on that deal. I reasoned that since I had all winter to find a deal Patience was warranted.

On Monday a fellow who had been re-listing his Ultegra CS sans BB at $100 for nearly a month re-listed again but at $50. When I saw that he had dropped the "Buy It Now" I could not resist. It should be here either tomorrow or Monday.

Then this morning while searching the Bicycle Mechanics Forum I noticed an ad for Jenson flashing at me on the right side of the screen. Curious as to how much a BB might cost there I clicked. Turned out their current sale also included BB's. I bought the BB and the Park tool to install it both for only $55, (BTW those guys over at the Mechanics forum gave me links to learn how to change a BB and the tools I would need).

So I managed to find the CS, BB, and installation tool all for under $120. A price even a cheap bastage like myself can afford.