View Single Post
Old 10-24-08, 07:34 PM
KRhea

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
We really like/liked our Tsunami. I purchased the frame and did the build myself and saved a ton of money. The frame performs very well and unless you're looking for ultralight weight or a more performance/race type bike they're great.
The Tsunami was our 3rd tandem and our first brand new bike. We purchased and built it 2yrs ago I believe. Since then we've had a custom tandem built and the Tsunami hangs in my shop. It'll be up for sale as soon as I wipe the dust off. We changed bikes for 2 reasons, #1- was/is my constant need to build something new. I wanted a sub 35lb steel tandem so we had a frame built and hit 31.5lbs on the new bike. #2- we decided we'd try some races in the future and we wanted a bike that handled a bit differently. Our Tsunami weighed a surprising 36lbs which ain't at all bad considering the price.

Here's ours: Tsunami Titanium "boom tube" model with Full Campy 10spd w/custom built DT Swiss wheels on White Industry hubs with rear titanium carrier. Elita cranks on rear and FSA carbon for captain, rear Avid disc brake and front Campy Record, Alpha Q fork. We also had it custom painted. It came in flat black which wasn't "fast" enough for my wife!