Old 10-24-08, 07:51 PM
jlane3965
Newenthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Desperate upgrade needed. Please help!

Ok, retired marathoner here.. hooked on singletrack now for 6 mos. I'm a good athlete w/ good reflexes, timing, strength and eye sight for this sport. The only crashes I tend to have are when I'm tired and it only happens when I hit something(that I don't anticipate my front fork..not being able to roll over) and then go over the bars. Takes me by suprise everytime. I have a Diamondback Topanga hardtail that I'm told has decent components for it's price(450) and I don't have the cash right now to move to the next level.(Fisher Hifi plus what I want..) I have been told that the single biggest thing I could change to help me would be my front fork. If so, please suggest some fork models I should look for on ebay that would be compatible. And what to look out for in buying a used one vs new...............Or anything else you might suggest I could change to bridge the gap for another year or so. Just got my first scaffoid break(wrist) Need to do something. Thanks so much in advance. oh..and here what my bike looks like: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/861329256.html SIGNED-44yr old who still thinks he's 25..