genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
How many recent post have you made which included the subject of cars being banned from the city core?

So to you, gaining balance, is banning cars from the city core!
Sure why not, as automobiles have intruded in so much of our lives everywhere else... and huge chunks of our real estate have been devoted to the service of the automobile. Perhaps gaining balance IS limiting auto access in some places.

BTW lest you think I am banning people, I am not... I envision parking structures outside of and around that city core, with the center area a large mall where people can walk, shop and congregate, laugh, entertain and mingle.

I envision shopping areas through out the city were stores line the complete streets where indeed cars are permitted, and cyclists are welcome as well as pedestrians... where sidewalk cafes with open seating invite people in tree lined lanes. Where the first thing you encounter is NOT a huge open sea of a parking lot, but the actual shops. Parking is in the rear, or underground. Walkways between shops permit access to shopping. But the main focus is on people, not cars.

Yeah, I call it balance. 'Cause what we have now is more like "dependence." Try to keep in mind that we are "addicted to oil."