Old 10-29-08, 12:38 PM
ritepath

Bikes: CRF150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
I have decided I want to live the green life...

I have watched some shows on TV about some green homes, and you don't have to give up luxuries to be green.

I see some 8,000 square foot green homes, and wonder why I am living in my modest 1,100 square foot ranch home... Why should I live in 1/8 the space when I can apparently live in 8 times the space with vaulted ceilings, and get my home on TV because I care so much about the environment? I just need to heat my 8,000 square foot McMansion with some hi-tech heat pump supplemented by solar energy and spend only 3 times each month what I currently spend on heating, and consume 8 times the resources to build the house to begin with...

I can have my 400 square foot kitchen with brick lined oven, and my man cave with 65 inch tv and stereo with 36 inch subwoofer that can shatter the neighbor's eardrums, as long as I grow grass on the roof...

And of course, I could park my Cadillac Escalade Hybrid in the garage... after all, how much more green can one be than to drive a hybrid that gets 20 miles per gallon???

Ah, it is going to be so sweet to live green.
I'd have to have a indoor heated chemical free swimming pool to go along with it.