View Single Post
Old 10-31-08, 07:50 PM
snuboy360

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you guys for answering my post. After reading some of the responses on the Specialized Sequoia I did some research on it to familiarize myself with the model. The Allez was the only Specialized bike I was looking at but now it looks like Sequoia might be a better buy if I were to go with the Specialized brand. I don’t think I’m going with the Trek after some of the comments but to be honest I haven’t even going to my LBS for a fitting yet. I still want to wait till I’m closer to 250-275lbs. Plus my wife won’t let me get a new bike until I reach that weight loss goal. I do have some questions though about the Sequoia since you guy got me thinking about it…
1) I like the more upright handle bar brakes closer to the stem for city riding which I do often; but as someone pointed out earlier, how is the stopping power if I get into trouble?
2) How often do you guys use the brakes on top?
3) How aerodynamic is this bike compared to the Allez in your opinions? I still want to go fast if I get into a strong head wind. I live In Oklahoma and the wind sucks here so I’m concerned that I won’t be able to handle the wind as well with the Sequoia over the Allez
4) I know Cannondale is a great brand but is it that much better over the Specialized brand in terms of components and frame? I'm concerned with the frame most of all becuase of my weight. I need something that will hold up too my weight
5) Which components are better? Cannondale or Specialized?
I really appreciate all your opinions and taking time to answer my questions. I’m so glad I found this forum.