dschwarz

Bikes: 2006 Dahon D7, 2015 Kona Minute

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone have Power Grips and wide feet?

Hi,

I've been commuting on my new bike since September. It's a folder with folding platform pedals. I miss riding with toe clips (not a clipless fan) but I've been reading a lot about Power Grips on this board and elsewhere, so I decided to give them a try.

My existing pedals wouldn't accept toe clips or Power Grips, so I bought new ones. MKS AR-2 Ezy pedals. Then I bought the Power Grips and added them on. I bought the "standard size" Power Grips. I wear size 9 wide (4E) shoes.

This is what my foot looks like when it's on the pedal.

I've got the Power Grips set to their maximum size. Unfortunately this may not be enough. Also, because my foot is so wide, it pushes the strap towards the crankshaft and I have the strap rubbing the crankshaft with every revolution. No fun.

Anyone else in this situation? Were you able to fix it and if so, how? I'm thinking that there is not sufficient clearance between the crankshaft and the strap, so if there is some way to increase the clearance, that might help. I see that Knee Savers may do the trick, but they are expensive ($45!) and I wonder about compatibility with the special quick release pedal fittings I am using?

Looking at the picture I just realized that I folded the straps down the wrong way. I'm going to refold them and see if that helps matters. If not, it's back to standard toe clips or plain platform pedals for me

Last edited by dschwarz; 10-31-08 at 10:31 PM.