View Single Post
Old 12-09-04, 04:29 PM
darkmother
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=simplygib]Experience yes, success no.

He blows past within inches of my right, yelling and screaming out the window like a crazed madman.

This is becoming a war stories thread. I like it I can only imagine how scary it must be riding a motorcycle in traffic-I'd be dead in a week. Car drivers really only look for other cars. With such high speeds, and vertually no crash protection you are a sitting duck. I once saw the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, shortly after the motorcyclist in question passed me on the highway. I could tell from looking at the wreck, and the tire skid marks what had happened. He had been cruising in the passing lane, and a car in the slow lane pulled in front of him without doing a shoulder check. The guy got smoked or at least cut off by the car, and launched into the divider at the center of the highway. It appeared as though the guy's body had actually knocked out a support for the center guard rail. I'm fairly sure he was dead, although I never saw anything about it on the news. Guy probably never had a chance in a situation like that. Frightening how some drivers take operating a vehicle so lightly.