Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
Find a frame you like and build it up!

Michael
That's a tempting idea.....I don't have a steel frame bike......

but I do have a dedicated commuter, a CF roadie and a lightweight double, all with decent components....and the amount of time I have to build up anything right now is pretty much zero. (Work is very busy, and I've got a long list of house stuff to get to, along with all the legal work on my accident in front of me). Instead of the stuff taking up space, I'd like to get it to someone who has more of a need for it than I do.

The reason I've got a bunch of this stuff are the take offs from my 2 cyclocross bikes to turn them into commuters (2 sets of new or darn near new CX tires), what's left over from my idea of turning my hybrid into a flat-bar road bike (shifters, derailleurs, wheels, cassettes, etc.) and take offs from my upgrades (stems, bars, saddles, etc.)

CL is probably the way to go for the more expensive stuff - I don't have time to run individual auctions for all the parts on eBay, and the shipping could be almost as much as the actual price. The smaller items should just go to a co-op - they'll need the parts for something, and it would be a good turn....
'06 Kona Jake the Snake