View Single Post
Old 11-03-08, 07:08 AM
Silverexpress

Bikes: Commuter(s), MTB(s), bent(s), folder(s) and a road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've hauled my son throughout the whole year.

For winter, go to a Target store and get them snow pants. Add leather hiking type boots, down mittens, and a scarf (make sure it's not to long - or else it might catch on something). For the head, it might be best to invest in ski helmets for both. Regular cycling helmets have to many vents for winter days, and adding a cap is just one other thing you got a keep track of. Also, buy two tiny duffle bags (different colors)for each, and use it to carry the above in. Get into the habit of placing their winter outerwear in it as soon as they take it off, unless it's wet.

I've taken my son to daycare by bike since he was 2, and he is now 5 - kindergarten. I've wasted more time looking for his stuff early in the morning then worrying about how cold it is for the ride.

We started with a Chariot Trailer, which he outgrew, at around 3, switched to an Adam's trail-a-bike that made my own bike wobbly, and now we ride my Kona Smoke with an Xtracycle Free Radical attached to it. I've found it more practical/useful, simple (one less tire for a potential flat, breakdowns, and technical issues) and stable then the Adams.

Both your kids should fit on the BD nicely, with duffle bags, school bags, and your stuff too. If not add, a front rack!

Last edited by Silverexpress; 11-03-08 at 08:55 AM.