View Single Post
Old 11-08-08, 03:45 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
Did you know when you took on the job that it was going to be high-stress? Or were you aware, and in the beginning, the stress was the high that you lived for?
Happened a few years ago with me- but held a "Responsible" position within the company- Not so much high stress but very tiring- mentally. New management and I could see the problem coming up- The older staff were being shunted sideways and removed from positions- to make way for the younger ones. So the company lost Experience. Didn't happen with me and I kept having more and more attached to my job spec. Finally I was told that If I did not like the new work load- I had an option. I took the option.

Suits me down to the ground. Controll very little but the company can draw on my experience. And no downgrade of salary. Only problem is that it is hard to sit back and see the problems being caused by in- experience of the youngsters without doing anything about it. But I no longer care- I have 3 years of work before I retire. By which time I reckon the Trade I am in will not be worth doing any longer in any case.

Fire in the belly? Could have but it keeps getting dampened down.

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 11-08-08 at 08:32 AM.