View Single Post
Old 11-09-08, 05:01 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
I Have only ever caught MTB shorts on the saddle and I Now show off my Butt with tight lycra. Never happens with Lycra. And on the selle saddle- I would be "Post" off completely if I spent that much on a saddle and then didn't like it.
Still happens now and then with my stock saddle on the Jamis. If I forget to lift before sitting down after a stop I sometimes just slide back and the nose of my saddle will catch on the chamois seam of my bibs and push them forward. Saddles like the SMT with the down-turned nose doesnít catch. Yes I tend to remember to lift higher to avoid that problem but the SMT takes that into consideration by design. I am also looking at the Selle SanMarcos Concor. It cost a bit less and from what I have heard Lance recommends it. Not that I can ride like Lance nor have I tried one yet. Of course no saddle is right for everyone but the SMT does provide those that are looking for no pressure on parts of the body we donít want pressure on the first day you ride one. And because you donít have to break it in they are often available for a try before you buy program. My LBS has such a program as do some internet sites.