View Single Post
Old 11-09-08, 08:16 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
Speaking of ripoff artists... I noticed there is CL seller locally that has apparently flipped dozens of bikes over a fairly short time period, as evidenced by his Photobucket account. I contacted him about one of the bikes for spare parts but never followed through on it. Not being very CL-savvy, I guess I'm wondering if there's any way to make sure this guy is on the level?
It does seem kinda wierd that a guy who has a TREK 820 and a TREK 1000, "finds" three bikes while cleaning out the garage. That said, his price for those three bikes is quite low. My guess is he's finding these at garage sales for peanuts and is selling them as is for a quick buck. I doubt he's doing anything dishonest, like stealing them because it would not be very smart to post pics on Craigslist. BTW, if those bikes were in Raleigh, NC at that price they would be long gone.