Old 11-10-08, 12:26 PM
jmpro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Possum Roadkill
however with the present technology and price constraints {getting something to market at a reasonable cost} this one will do what no others will do.

However if the device fails to perform the function it was designed for, then there is not likely to be any interest in it. I for one would not be interested in a device that only works at talking distance and does not work well under the windy conditions encountered while riding. The whole point of a device like this is to overcome wind noise. Without better range and better noise canceling, there is not likely to be much interest. What interest there is will be from customers who are not familiar with that headset model and will be very angry at you when it doesn't perform well.

The main talk button on this model worked horribly after only a few months. GF now owns one of these that she never uses and has never used very much and it has the same button defect.

While there may be few or no bluetooth solutions out there, there are other headset options that will outperform what you suggest.
I'm sorry but I am not sure we are talking about the same product. The unit I am suggesting does not have a talk button. This is not a walki-talki. This is a full duplex {no press button to talk}. You just put it on and talk and listen at the same time. {My wife loves that part}There may be a little wind noise but I am looking at a solution to that problem. Further testing is going on now. You say there are other options out there but will you give me there names or where I can find them. I am very open to suggestions and willing to look at anything as long as we are comparing apples to apples. The units I have now are almost ready to go into production and if the bike crowd likes them fine, if not then the open top car guys will buy them. I am not trying to flame anyone and if you have constructive criticism thats good, i will listen. If you just trying to shoot something down with out giving me any specifics then I can't use that info. If you have a specific unit in mind that mine should be compared to let me know. I have looked at a few of the other units that have some of the same capibilties but found they did not meet my qualifications. The "Blue Ant "unit is geared for motorcycle helmet use and requires modifications to be used otherwise plus its more expensive. Also it's attached to your helmet and that makes it less portable.The "Call Pod" unit is clumsy, lots of wind noise and has poor quality sound plus more expensive. Let me know if there are others I should be comparing too. Like I said , this is not a do-or-die deal for me. If I can make this work for you guys thats fine-if not then I'll move on.
If you consider 100 meters talking distance then your a better man than I.
Jerry