Old 11-10-08, 08:10 PM
RudeDog00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Play in FSA Carbon Crank/MEGAEXO External BB

I recently noticed my chain falling off of the middle ring when under high torque. This never happened before. When I got home I took a closer look, and noticed my entire crank had some play on the chain side. I figure my bottom bracket needs to be tightened, because my bike is only a few months old with about 800 miles, so surely can't be worn out already.

The bike is a Motobecane Century Pro road bike with a FSA Team Issue Carbon Triple 53/39/30T crank with MEGAEXO External Bearing Bottom Bracket. It seems the crank pullers and BB tools I have are shimano and don't fit this beast.

First question: Is this BB adjustable? The play seems to be only on the chain side. It is defintely not the the spider that is loose.

Second Question: Can someone please point me to a procedure for adjusting my BB, or to an exploded view of an external bearning BB. How is an external bearing BB different from a cartridge style BB.

Third Question: Can someone recommend a source for the proper tools to fix this problem.

Fourth Question: Should I toss this FSA crank and BB for something better.

Thanks