Old 11-16-08, 03:32 PM
Randobarf
Barfin' Round the World

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jamawani, that does look like an appealing route. Although longer, it would avoid some of the crazy traffic going up the coast to Seattle. I think I might try that myself. Going north out of Eureka (Montana) I suppose one could continue on 93 to Radium (British Columbia) then into Kootenay National Park and onto the Icefields Parkway north of Banff without having to suffer the indignity of visiting Banff (the number two shopping destination in Alberta - despite being in a National Park!).

I just noticed I misread the original poster's itinerary which is proof one should not take advice from anonymous advisors on the internet.

Note to avatarworf - It's a pretty quick trip from Lake Louise to Edmonton so stop and smell the flowers if you want to make it last. Do the hike up Whistlers Mountain in Jasper, for instance. The trailhead is up near the Jasper Hostel. Go for a swim in Lake Annette too - the cold water gives you a full-brain ice cream headache. Jasper to Edmonton is only a two day trip (downhill the whole way basically). I usually stay overnight in Wildwood (if I don't go straight through to Edmonton).