Old 12-15-04, 12:34 AM
sparks_219 

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Instinct, Cannondale Six13, Cervelo One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khuon
Shimano does make a hydro version of their lever but of course it's only for use with their hydro brakes. I ride XC mainly and couldn't really tell how the flippy-lever offers any advantages. To me, it's different for the sake of being different and I felt it only had downsides. Are you getting the matching rear-derailleur too? I didn't like the Rapid-Rise either. I'm not sure if the flippy-shifters require a high-normal rear derailleur or not although gut instincts tell me that it shouldn't but you never know with Shimano.
By restricting my purchase I meant that most if not all hydraulic brakes require their own levers, so I will have to replace the levers, as well as shifters if I ever want to buy hydraulic disc brakes.

I may buy the rear derailleur the seller has for sale as well. Although I'm currently running a XTR that came with my Instinct. I'm not so sure if I'm so fond of rapid-rise myself.

Actually, the entire purchase is not going to be much of an upgrade, if any; but my parents agreed to let me buy a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff off ebay as my Christamas present. So I'm just thinking what I could possibly buy to make the best use of the money. Maybe I'll just buy a pair of new SIDI shoes instead...