Old 11-19-08, 01:43 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caelric View Post
Fitter at LBS told me this trick (which I haven't tried, but he swears by) for cold feet. Put your socks on, and then put a plastic sandwich bag over your socks. not the kind with a ziplock, just a regular plastic sandwich bag, and then put your shoes on. Says it will keep your feet warm in almost anything.
Used this for years but that was mainly to keep the feet dry. Wet feet get cold very quickly. Then I went to Seal Skinz waterproof socks and they work. But this autumn- I bought a pair of neoprene overshoes. By far the best method of keeping the feet warm.

On the shorts- I got a pair of KNickers years ago. These were made of warmer material and are long shorts that cover the knees. I will be wearing these on any rides that start at below 40Deg F from now on. But if it is going to be frosty or wet and cold- I wear a pair of cycling tights over the top.

In general the body is not a problem due to enough layers- but the hands and feet are where I can get a problem. They have to be kept warm.

Spike Milligan