View Single Post
Old 12-15-04, 08:47 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by super-douper
it doesn't sound like you're too concerned with the logistics of commuting. Like the cold, the bike, the gear you'll need. I've don't 10miles in the morning and just take a baby-wipe shower once I get to the office and I'm fine.

There's always places to keep your bike, if not in your office, locked to a fence, rail or something.

The only thing I see holding you back is the route. You said that you could take another route where drivers are the same but the road is wider. You've got 2 routes to choose from. One is longer, but you sound like you're in good enough shape for it.

Get some lights (especially blinkies) so the cars can see you and go for it. You'll never know if you like it till you try.
You are right; I won't know what to think of it untul I actually try it. I have a set of lights I keep on my training bike but I think I'd just buy another set to put on my mountain bike that I plan on using for the commute. They don't need to be as bright since I'll be going half the speed as I do on the road bike.

Sounds like I'm going to order some slicks for the mountain bike and give this a whirl.