Old 11-21-08, 11:08 AM
M_S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dminor
Yeah, that's gotta be worth an extra $250 right there
You don't have to buy it. And I happen to think having a disc-capable frame is worth at least 200 dollars over one that does not. In addition to suspension corrected geometry, etc, etc.

But like CLaw I think the contempt you show for a bike simply because it doesn't suit your preferences is rather strange.

People spend 500 dollars on brakes. Less than 2000 dollars for a quality frame with a good component spec from a cool company can be quite a deal, depending on your priorities.

I don't criticize you for riding a 7 inch travel bike for cross country. I understand that you enjoy the challenge of climbing with it, and that your priority is the descent. But why can't you acknowledge that someone would enjoy the challenge of descending on a bike that soaks up less of the trail? There are people who do Porcupine ridge on rigid singlespeeds. Of course they'd be faster on different bikes, but that's not what they enjoy.

The awesome thing about bikes these days is the astounding variety, and it's pretty easy to find one that suits your style.