View Single Post
Old 11-21-08, 01:56 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M_S View Post
GT Sanction. The 1.0 comes with a TALAS, but it is available as a frameset. The 08 had a Lyrik, but I doubt you'll be able to find one, and the 09 is slightly slacker anyways, which he may appreciate at the resorts.

I'm a bit biased because I can get it on prodeal, but it's a solid bike. I demoed one for a day and it was certainly much more capable than the silly 4 foot drops I was doing on it.

It does climb...like a 6 inch travel bike. The slackness doesn't help on the ultra-steeps, but with tavel adjust it does alright, and there isn't much bob from the suspension, though I still made use of the propedal, especially on fireroads.

It's a bike that wants to get in the air, I guess do to a relatively short wheelbase, though my experience with longer travel rigs is limited. It's at least worth a look, I think.

I'm pretty sure the Banshee rune would fit the niche similarly, though a bit more expensive (possibly higher quality frame?).

I'd be wary of an enduro, I've heard of a fair share of breakages, but then again there are a lot of 'em out there, so maybe they're no worse than anything else.
GT? That would be a tough sell, but I'll definitely let him know. I can't even think of a local GT dealer...