View Single Post
Old 11-24-08, 01:54 PM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Founding:

The "plus" in H Plus Son is the story of its founding; a struggle. The plus is a struggle between father and son, between tradition and rebellion, between productivity and heart, between the bottom line and reckless passion.

Away from the conditioned air of the west to the sweaty factory floor, the son returns. The industrial monstrosity which took the margin with stride spoke nothing of the passion he pursued. The "plus" is a transformation by necessity. It is the addition of the father and the son.

The shimmering roof of the new factory tells of its eventual demise. Yet, at the zenith of China's industrial productivity, H Plus Son puts forth something different. Tired of the racist image of China as the swarming industrial anthill pushing forth towards quantity, we represent a new generation, no longer under the demands of necessity but show that quality, dedication and care can and will spring from anywhere.

Does that hint anything about cycling to you?

From No One Line Blog:http://nooneline.blogspot.com/2008/1...m-failure.html

"The lesson here is that companies with no reputation who surf trend waves into style scenes should be viewed with skepticism until they prove otherwise. Admirable performance over prolonged use is the proper vetting process when new bits and pieces hit the market. To jump to claims of durability and performance is, well, a bad choice."

I think the author here is bang-on-the-money: these rims come out, on paper look better than a deep-v in every way, lighter, deeper etc.. but there isn't anything about actual riding when it comes to this company. they are new. they are new in an industry where doing tricks etc is just coming of age (to most), they look durable doesn't = perform durable.
I'm sure any wheel will taco pretty bad when abused, but if this company came out to become a fashion wheel, with loads of 'street cred' but with a product that hasn't reached maturity... I'd be a bit hesitant to try it.. hopefully this is just one bad rim, but improves the overall product..

Funny how interweb has spread the failure of this rim just as fast, if not faster, than the conception of these rims.

ironically I have yet to read any first-hand experiences of spinergy's rev-x collapsing from tricking etc... (yes i read that lawsuit website, but none of those were first hand, only ppl that wrote in)

Last edited by trueno92; 11-24-08 at 02:20 PM.