SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard

Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by socalboomer
Everyone was wearing helmets - you won't get started on El Tour without one. I saw people violate other rules (aero bars, ear buds in both ears) but not that one.

I saw three accident sites - all three already had EMS personnel there so I followed the directions of the cops and went on by. I saw some other people who looked like they had some issues and made sure to get a thumb up before cruising on (heck, I'm a clyde and was only working toward 4:30 in the 80. . . ) but nothing other than that. LOTS of flats, though. . .I was a bit shocked.
A lot of people underestimate the stuff out here that'll flat you out...

Update on the story, a driver was ID'd but not yet arrested.
http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/269001.php

Originally Posted by Arizona Daily Star
A man who authorities said was driving the car involved in a collision with a group of 10 bicyclists Saturday during El Tour de Tucson has been identified.

The man's name has not been released because he has not been arrested and the investigation of the collision is ongoing, said Deputy Dawn Barkman, a Pima County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman.
The man was identified through an attorney, she said.

About 60 bicyclists were westbound on East Ina Road, near the Westward Look Resort, when an eastbound car collided with 10 of them when the driver made a left turn into the resort.
Five people were taken to hospitals with injuries, including one man in critical condition.

Gary Stuebe, 41, of Surprise, was transferred to St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix and is still in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said Tuesday.

His family could not be reached for comment.

Another person was listed in serious condition Saturday, while three other people suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Witnesses said the man got out of his car after the collision to observe the damage to the vehicle and the bicyclists before getting back into his car and driving away.

On Tuesday, the Sheriff's Department released two close-up photos of the car it says was involved in the crash. They show serious damage to the front bumper.
Vanity
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.