Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by ProsecutedBiker View Post
Well this summer I plan on getting a summer job, and i may consider upgrading my bike. I clicked on the add for Bikesdirect.com and at first glance it seemed nice.

However, I notice that they seem to carry mostly Motobecane, Windsor and Mercier bikes.
The prices seem good to me, but are they still good quality bikes?

I heard that Motobecane was bought and now makes lower quality bikes? Is Bikesdirect.com a good place to buy a bike or should i try a different route?
Do you know how to do your own set-up and adjustment? If you do, these bikes represent a pretty darned good deal. The frames probably come from some of the same factories in Taiwan that mass produce bikes under a "name" brand. I have never heard of a frame failure with any of the Bikes Direct name plates. The components are often the exact same thing that other name brand bikes come with. If you can't set up and adjust on your own, you may prefer to deal with a local bike shop. I have dealt with Bikes Direct before and had a good experience. I bought my last bike from my local bike shop. They both have a place.