Old 12-18-04, 03:04 PM
RegularGuy
I am a lonely visitor

Bikes: Michelle Pfieffer, the Carbon Fiber Wonder Bike: A Kestrel 200 SCI Repainted in glorious mango; Old Paintless, A Litespeed Obed; The Bike With No Name: A Bianchi Eros; RegularBike: A Parkpre Comp Ltd rebuilt as a singlespeed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I suffer tennis elbow too. The suggestions to check your position are sound. You might want to raise your handlebars. You might also want to change the type of handlebar you are using. If you are using a flat bar, try a curved road bar which allows more hand positions. Or vice-versa. Mostly you don't want to put too much weight on your hands with your wrists bent. Bend your elbows and keep your wrists straight.

Also, be sure to wear padded gloves to absorb some of the road shock.

Do you grip the handlebars tightly? If so, relax. You should be able to "play piano" on the bars while you ride.

The compression straps that were mentioned are helpful. I've worn them. I also use Alleve (Naproxen) for pain relief.

Rest and anti-inflammatory meds will help clear up the problem. Adjusting your position and riding habits will help prevent it from recurring.

Good luck.