View Single Post
Old 12-08-08, 09:08 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
I made the daily visit and wound up spending over 3 hours with my cycling buddy. Unfortunately and very surprisingly it was his worst day yet. When I arrived he was shaking violently from the intense pain in his leg. He was shaking so badly the bed was rattling against the wall.

Eventually some meds kicked in.........but it took at least an hour ...... we worked on his breathing and trying to modulate his temperature. He was going from hot to cold very quickly. I repeatedly moved his leg trying to find a position that helped.

I was shocked when I stepped into the room and saw him in that state. I was very relieved when I left several hours later that he was at least comfortable enough to rest.

He also got bad news from the doctors today...........the swelling is not going down as fast as they thought so surgery has been put off until at least next week.

What a roller coaster this recovery stuff is. I'm amazed at how much pain he can tolerate--maybe all his hours on the bike has helped some with all that. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.