jfk32
( d/dx (66x) )^(1/2)

Bikes: 2001? Lemond Zurich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post your Swimming Progress!

A common theme on this board is "I suck at swimming, I can barely get across the pool, I hate life." Ok maybe not that last part. But I think it would be good for the people who are working at improving their swimming to post their latest progress. It is amazing how fast we can progress when we put our minds to it.

I'll go first:

Where I started:
May 2008, Swam 12 lengths of the pool, had to rest after each length and suck air for a minute or more. It took a month for me to get up to doing 20 lengths in a 40 minute workout, and I was absolutely _killed_ afterward every time, like going straight home to eat and sleep killed.

Where I am now:
Yesterday did this workout:
325 yd. of warmup laps - not consecutive, just getting the heart rate up
450 yd. consecutive - full rest after
900 yd. consecutive - full rest after
450 yd. consecutive - finished
Total: 2125 yd.

Honestly, people, 6 months ago I never thought I was going to pull a 2000 yd. day. Before this workout my longest one was 1800 yd. The workout before that was 1250 yd. There comes a point where you just start improving dramatically on the endurance end of things, like you punch through the plateau and all of the sudden you aren't gasping for breath and you can swim easily (albeit SLOWLY, I did that 2125 in 65 minutes).

Let us all know how you are doing!