txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fantasminha
I like him already! Let us know when he gets to DFW.
He won't be coming through DFW. The closest he is going to get is around Austin. I'm hoping to drive down and meet him around Fredricksburg on Friday with some food stuff and few colder weather riding items. What the heck, what's 8 hours in a car to spend a few minutes with a cyclist on a mission.

He pulled out of El Paso this morning a little later than he planned but he's making good time after a rough start. While we certainly are on polar oppsite ends of political views, I admire his gumption. Not many people would decide to ride across the country in the middle of winter of with no touring experience what so ever. His planning was ill conceived, his equipment was non existant, his funds were few, and he had no idea of the magnitude of the task in front of him. What better than to go for it. Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead.

At the end of the day, he is a cyclist who is young, idealistic, and apparently somewhat fearless. All admirable qualities. Yes, he has some brashness that often accompanies being young and idealistic, and it comes across poorly in type sometimes. He seems an entirely different and charming young man when you speak with him. I hope he makes it and has an amazing time doing so.