View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 11:18 PM
jgedwa
surly old man

Bikes: IRO Mark V, Karate Monkey half fat, Trek 620 IGH, Cannondale 26/24 MTB, Amp Research B3, and more.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jtarver
Good call on the on Sram, can you let me know if this is what you're referring to:
http://elitecycling.com/page.cfm?Pag...ils&sku=HU2540
Seems like a good deal.

I like that Sram hub. I suspect it will not be cheaper anywhere else. Does that thing come with the clickbox however? I suspect it does. But I would make sure it does. That is another $40-50, unfortunately, if it does not. And they are hard to find.

jim

p.s., while I am thinking about it, the plastic clickbox hanging outboard of the dropouts is the one worry I have about the Sram. I have not broken one off, but it seems easy to do. And the only real advantage is that if you have to remove the wheel (to change a flat or for transit) you do not have to readjust the cable. That is a small advantage compared to the precarious position of the clickbox, in my opinion. Its not like the Nexus is hard to readjust afterall. Seems like a solution looking for a problem.