View Single Post
Old 12-20-08, 09:34 AM
jbpence

Bikes: 2009 Custom TI Frame Road Bike, all 2007 Campy Record, Campy Euros Wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by soltour
have been considering such a frame myself. I dont wish to appear vulgar, but what sort of price would be on the complete finished article
Keeping in mind this is a one of a kind frame and fork: the list price quoted for the frame was 2450.00 not including the titanium S&S coupler (800.00). The fork list price quoted was 475.00. Compares nicely, to, say, a Moots frame with such custom touches (well over 3,000 for just the frame with no couplers).

I am working with a friend of mine, Mike Casey who owns Aberdeen Bike and Fitness in Chelsea Michigan. He helped me with my last touring bike, a trek 520 (with a mountain crank and rear der and lowered gearing). This bike (1300 miles on it) is for sale now that this one is under way.

Mike and I are going to assemble and test ride the loaded bike in mid January. I'll be documenting the build in another thread here on the touring forum

The completed bike will be in the 5500.00 area, which includes a negotiated discount.

I am going to CHina to do volunteer work and will be based in Kunming for a couple months. Then the tour, for anopther month, and then visa requirements will mean that I have to leave China. I may tour in India then, or return to the US.

Last edited by jbpence; 12-20-08 at 09:44 AM.