View Single Post
Old 12-21-08, 11:29 AM
chizno
Electricity Lover

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock, one folding e-bike, and one Phoenix Racer E-bike Kit by www.wattcycle.com using a cheap Schwinn Cruiser frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Minerva - I've put lots of info up on our blog. We try to answer just about every question you may have. www.wattcycle.com
Our online store is here: www.wattcycle.com/shop/home.php

Remember that a kit with nice high speed such as the Phoenix Racer system will go faster with a higher voltage. You'll also have a more balanced system if you're going to be using the more affordable SLA (sealed lead acid) batteries. My personal system is a 48 V 40 A system. It's really fast (37 mph) - maybe a little too fast for the common user - I just think it's fun for tooling down to the store a few miles and back - I can actually put it on the road and keep up with the cars.

The great thing is that you can really choose a kit for whatever you need. If you're looking at doing around 25 or so, try looking at a Crystalyte Roadrunner kit. They're cheaper and more efficient than the really fast ones and give you a longer distance.

We also have a complete electric bike that will go about 20 mph as well. It's got a range of around 20 - 25 miles depending on how you ride it. Lithium batteries as well.

Congratulations on the consideration of an e-bike!