View Single Post
Old 12-26-04, 08:47 PM
JBBOOKS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I enjoy the trainer. I have it set up so I stare at a wall - this way I can zone out easier.

I put the radio on, loud, and get going. I do a 5 minute warm up and then push it up into my cardiac zone and hold it there or above for the rest of the ride. I do five minute intervals out of the saddle. I try to time them to a cool song, but often I just stand and go if the DJ isn't cooperating. I try to do 4 sets of these during a 45 minute ride. If I feel good, I try to increase the RPMs with each one. Each set, my heart rate goes higher and when I finally sit, by gearing up and keeping the RPM high, I can easily keep my heart rate up where ever I want. Needless to say, I need to put a towel on the floor under the bike to keep the sweat puddles under control.

I do this 4 times a week. I lift 2 times a week and take one day off. Sometimes, due to schedule problems, I take 2 days off and thus the trainer sessions drop to 3 times per week.

I am having loads of fun, it's convenient for me and I look forward to seeing positive results come spring.

Oh yeah, I feel like 45 minutes of this is about equal to a decent 20 mile training ride.