Old 12-26-08, 07:58 AM
UberIM

Bikes: recumbent, mtn bike, road bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bariswheel
We recently had some very cold weather, (I live in the CA bay area) other than that the moose mitts could be a bit overkill . But I'm open to suggestions, can you care to elaborate a bit?
Kincos series of work gloves: used around the globe by ski patrollers so dexterity is preserved (i.e able to shift gears and hold on the brake hoods easily (mittens are a little harder to use but not impossible)).........
The 901 is called their ski glove and for about 15 dollars you get quite a work glove-durable warm and dries easily..........

Kinco is a wholesaler so you can check out their gear at www.kinco.com but need to use a retailer (I have only found them on line): www.KeepSafeSolutions.com KSS carries their entire line and is quite user friendly........

Kinco also makes unlined leather gloves and you can get reasonably price wool liners as well.

I love leather gloves with wool liners until about 20F. Below that I use the 901 insulated gloves and below zero F I use wool liners with the 901. It can get to minus 20F without windchill here in the winter.

HTH