View Single Post
Old 12-26-08, 06:25 PM
flattie

Bikes: Raleigh M20; Jamis Bosanova & timesharing a citibike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got some nice stuff for the bike from my wife and kids - they seem to be fully supporting me in my quest to get slim through biking . A cateye light combo (el220 headlight and the 270R tail light). An airzounds horn. A planet bike dial tire pressure gauge and a Garmin edge 305 plus a mirror.

The cateye headlight replaces a cheap schwinn that I'll keep as a backup. I left a cheap schwinn led flasher on the seatpost and mounted the cateye tail light to my helmet for better rearward coverage.

My extended family does a name out of a bag thing where you only buy/receive one gift but its got a $150 limit. My gift this year was a really nice cashmere sweater and some cashmere socks from Nordstroms - unfortunately it's not my style - I'm more of a jeans and tshirt guy when I'm not in a suit for work. Anyway Nordstroms has a ridiculous return policy and I got back cash so I'll be picking up some Continental Sport Contacts or Richey Tom slicks for my MTB since all of my riding is on the road.

In the meantime with the cash I stopped in Dicks Sporting Goods and found a Northface M Amp Hybrid Jacket in Sunburst Yellow in my size on the clearance rack for $40! It's pretty reflective and is water resistant and is supposed to breathe. I'll find out tomorrow hopefully.

Here's a link to the jacket at cabelas cabelas Northface Amp Jacket if you have a Dicks sporting goods near you it may be worthwhile to check it out. It was on a rack near the camping section marked "clearance" with an oddball assortment of tshirts, button down shirts, pullovers, etc.