Old 12-30-08, 05:14 PM
djnzlab1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Whoops Pinched the tube

HI,
my new used bike had some nice mich slicks, and I was out ridding today really enjoying the ride, I was trying to avoid some of the heavy traffic, so I hopped on to the bike lane ( wide sidwalk ) and was doing fine not to many of those deep ridges in the sidewalk, and then I went crossed a road and saw a 1/4 in lip on the cement as i pulled up onto the next strech of trail, the front tire hopped it fine, but the rear seemed to bottom out the tire and POW, there goes the tube.
I checked it after removing it from the wheel no visiable damge, tried to pump it up but it leaked pretty bad.
Went to my LBS and he said it was a classic pinch flat..
He asked me if the tires were under inflated,naw they were at their max pressure 110, but I guess my over inflated ass must have caused the problem, he thought that was pretty funny.
He reccomended the bontrager race lite hard wall tire its pretty tough, so I bit and bought two with tubes and a spare tube.

I also bought this neat little co2 bottle tire refil with a hand pump attached very thin and small
It pretty neat.
He said I won't pop those tires as easily, we shall see.
Doug
pretty neat co2 or manual pump for air. It fits in a rack behind the water bottle the co2 bottle is stored in the seat bag.

Last edited by djnzlab1; 12-30-08 at 05:44 PM.