Old 01-01-09, 05:41 PM
RedC

Bikes: Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Actually riding in the wind is a great exercise to help pull the weight off, but make sure you eat appropriately to compensate for the added effort. Just continue to ride and maybe start doing some weight training if you are not presently doing so.

Also, I can speak highly enough about counting your calories and making sure you are getting the right balance of Carbs, Fats and Proteins. I started doing this in mid Oct and have lost 18 lbs, but I have added strength training and increased my protein and reduced the fats. In doing this, I am increasing my overall muscle and have found my avg speed has increased about 2 mph. I recently had a ride where I was able to maintain a 20 mph for about 5 miles at the end of a 30 mile ride. Would have never been able to do that 6 months ago.

Just keep at it and by the way, jesspal, enjoy that warm weather, in Jacksonville, it never got above 55 today and like you 15-20 mph winds. brrrrrrrrrr.

I realize that riding into the wind is not all bad and that I should have stopped longer at the mid-way point. Part of the problem is that I had surgery in October and was off the bike for several weeks, then we opened a new store in another small town 22 to 27 miles away (depending on route) and the holidays came and I'm still trying to get back to the way I was riding two months ago and patience not being my best number I'm guilty of pushing more than I should. While riding into the wind is good excercise, it is so discouraging.

Are you following a specific plan to control your calories? I was using a low carb plan before, but that doesn't work with increasing cycling distance. So I'm looking for a new plan.

And yeah Jesspal I married well. I was only a couple of miles from home and I probably could have made it but I knew my bride of 43 years would bail me out so I placed the call.