View Single Post
Old 01-02-09, 04:44 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
I had been looking for years for a nicer seat post for my Bridgestone and its oddball 27.0 size. The only one in silver I could find was the Kalloy. It worked fine, but lacked the shine I wanted for that bike and was a single bolt design where I really wanted a two bolt to be able to more easily fine tune the seat angle. I finally found a nicely polished and two bolt no-name seatpost on eBay that seems to be of good quality. My only concern was that it is a no setback type post and I use a Brooks B-17 saddle which has shorter than normal rails and so less adjustment range. Fortunately I had not been using all of the available adjustment with my setback post and so I was able to match the position by sliding the saddle as far back as possible with the new post. So far it seems to be a good upgrade.