Old 01-07-09, 04:43 PM
Ygduf
\_(ツ)_/

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by silentben View Post
Actually I've just decided that I like gmap-pedometer.com better than bikely when it comes to manually drawing a route. You can undo entire auto-routed segments with one click rather than treating the route as a series of hundreds or thousands of individual points that you have to manipulate individually.

I never really considered drawing the route on one site and importing it into another but that could be a workable option for me. I guess i'll give bikewire a second look
This was killing me on Bikely for a while. Drawing routes using the trackpad on a laptop is sometimes painful, but I've just learned to unclick "auto follow roads" around busy intersections and to point the cursor at the correct side of the road on the map. If you are headed west, for example, on Foothill and click your route ahead on the south side of the road bikely will route you past the place you clicked to an intersection, turn around, and then follow the route back to where you clicked. It's annoying if aren't careful.